Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Some support this morning would be appreciated

(16 Posts)
Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 08:44:16

Dh has taken dd to Alder Hey for her annual hip check up. I am sitting here sobbing and just praying that everything is OK. I don't know what I'll do if it's not.

Please keep everything crossed.

TigersChick Mon 08-Jun-09 08:48:07

Fingers duely crossed.
Really hope everything is OK smile

Bucharest Mon 08-Jun-09 08:50:24

Fingers crossed for you PJ...xx

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 08:52:54

I am terrified. The price is so high now she's 2 and such an active little thing. I spend twelve months worrying about the appointment and it seems so surreal when the day finally dawns.

Doodle2U Mon 08-Jun-09 08:56:09

Don't know the story behind this and don't know what the repercussions are if it turns out to be a less than good appointment, but obviously, it's serious judging by your OP, so I shall cross everything for her too. smile

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 08:57:45

She was born with dislocated hips and was successfully treated in a harness when she was tiny. We have to go back every twelve months to check she is developing properly, but if she isn't, at this age, she'd have to have an operation and go into a cast.

Bucharest Mon 08-Jun-09 08:58:55

Do things seem to be going OK Jenny?

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 09:04:44

Everything seems fine, and I appear to be the only one that is worried about it! Dh has taken her because he is so sure that all is well, and I have a booking appointment with the midwife. I cannot apply rational thought to the hips!

Bucharest Mon 08-Jun-09 09:05:24

Aww, bless you, what time will you hear?

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 09:11:45

I'm not sure. The appointments usually take about an hour and her time is 9.15, so I'll probably hear when I come out of my appt with the midwife.

5inthebed Mon 08-Jun-09 09:13:03

Hope it all goes ok PJ, with both your DD and at the MW. When is your baby due?

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 09:14:58

31 December. I haven't even thought about it. Dd has just got over chickenpox, so this has been a veeeery stressful couple of weeks.

charleymouse Mon 08-Jun-09 09:16:06

Hope A is okay PJ. Have the pox abated as well. DS is at GP this morning with puffy eye and temp.

All will be well PJ. Good luck with MW.

Pinkjenny Mon 08-Jun-09 09:50:02

Perfectly normal. Exactly what they'd expect to see from a child that had never had any problems with their hips.

Bucharest Mon 08-Jun-09 10:06:03

smile x

smudgethepuppydog Mon 08-Jun-09 17:24:10

That's great news Pinkjenny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now