Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds willy is swollen, he says it hurts - any thoughts?

(8 Posts)
NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 20:00:40

He's 6. He said it hurts when he touches it, but he can wee Ok.
The end bit looks Ok but the middle is quite swollen almost as though he has a sort of half-erection blush

It's not red, he had balanitis once and the end was sort of red, no swelling though.

Anything else it might be? Can I ease the pain somehow for him before the morning when we can get an appt?

Thanks.

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 20:02:45

Not sure what it could be tbh, but perhaps some calpol might help?

Maybe he has got a bit of infection under the foreskin?

tvaerialmagpiebin Sun 07-Jun-09 20:04:03

I would ring NHS direct. When my ds had balanitis (on his 2nd bday!) they told me "we don't mess about when it comes to willies" and sent us straight to A&E for antibs. Poor ds I bet it hurts like hell. Does it hurt when he wees? if so get him to drink lots of water, may be cystitis. But def ring NHS direct. And Calpol!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 07-Jun-09 20:04:36

balanitis again - looks scary, yes? DS2 had this, huuuuugely swollen willy

need anti biotics - can you get to a and e?

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 20:10:05

Blimey - scary replies, thanks!

Well I just had another look and it still looks the same, so I said 'Ds, did you bump it on anything today?' and he said' yeah I bumped it on the swing pole' <ouch big metal poles!>

D'uh

Sorry to waste your time gals grin

Presumably bruised willy will sort itself out yes?

bellavita Sun 07-Jun-09 20:33:05

ouch! in that case then, I would give him some pain relief and have another look at it tomorrow. If it looks any worse tomorrow, then I would contact your gp.

Grammaticus Sun 07-Jun-09 20:39:23

DS2 had this when he was two - slight discharge too, IIRC. He was given antibiotics.

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 21:31:25

Thankyou - he's gone to sleep now, I will see how it looks in the morning. Poor willy sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now