Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

green mucus and blocked nose in 8 week old

(5 Posts)
shelsco Sun 07-Jun-09 14:44:54

My 8 week old has been really blocked up for about 5 weeks and its more than just the snuffles. He is well in himself and doesn't have a temperature but he is soo blocked up that if we lie him flat for more than 5 minutes or so he chokes and ends up coughing for about 5 minutes trying to clear his airways. He's also started to cough a little during the day when he's sitting in his boucy chair. He sneezes thick green snot (it turned from clear to green about a week and a half ago). We got decongestant drops from the doctor and are now on day 5 of using those (can only use for 7 days) but they haven't made any difference. Doctor checked chest, ears, throat etc and said they were fine but I'm really concerned as baby is due jabs on wednesday and i don't really want him to have them unless hes 100% but then he's not actually ill in himself! Has anyone else had snuffles that were like this? It's really getting me down.

george1403 Mon 08-Jun-09 09:49:08

My baby suffered with this for nearly 3 weeks. Found tilting top end of his crib helped him to breath easier. Also used Nasosal which he hated but it did clear his nose dor a bit. Tummy time also cleared some mucus out. Gross but gave himm some relief! Hope this helps.

shelsco Mon 08-Jun-09 10:55:51

Have tried the tilting which didn't really help. will have a look for Nasosal. Thanks. What's tummy time?

george1403 Mon 08-Jun-09 11:02:22

pop him on his tummy to play with head to one side. Meant to help strengthen their necks. My son hates it but being that way for a few mins meant some of mucus came out.

shelsco Mon 08-Jun-09 11:31:45

Will give it a try. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now