Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore creases under eyes

(4 Posts)
JimmyMcNulty Sat 06-Jun-09 21:42:30

I noticed this evening when putting Ds (2.10) to bed that he has what looks like a scratch under each eye, the same thing each side, exactly running along the crease under his eyes. I can't figure out what can have caused it. It looks like something's scratched it (it's not bleeding but looks like a scab has formed iykwim) except for the way it follows the creases. There's nothing wrong with the skin around it. Any ideas what this could be? He hasn't yet shown any sign it's irritating him.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 06-Jun-09 22:27:21

He's probably rubbed his eyes when tired and torn the skin - it's about half as thick as regular skin (which is why it wrinkles when you get older so easily). Unless it's red and sore don't worry about it.

He may have slight hay fever and be rubbing his eyes in his sleep.

JimmyMcNulty Sat 06-Jun-09 23:08:40

Thanks whomoved. Sounds feasible - am not hugely worried, it just had me flummoxed!

whomovedmychocolate Sun 07-Jun-09 08:01:52

Might be worth keeping an eye on in case he starts showing other signs of allergies - if you give him piriton for children and it magically goes away you will know what it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now