Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does this sound like a viral rash and how long do they last?

(9 Posts)
nobodysfool Sat 06-Jun-09 20:26:28

DS (4 years old) developed a rash just over a week ago.The spots are tiny raised spots.
It started on his right groin and has spread upwards.
DH took him to see the local pharmacist who said it was a viral rash and just to give piriton if it itched.
In the last 2 days it has appeared in the crook of his right arm and travelled upwards to his armpit.
It has now begun to itch.
How long does a viral rash last?
Is it normal to spead like this?
Any help ideas would be great.
TIA.

nobodysfool Sat 06-Jun-09 22:11:52

bump.

nobodysfool Sun 07-Jun-09 14:05:45

HHEELLLOOOOOOO.....

Elibean Sun 07-Jun-09 14:13:10

No expert, but all the viral rashes my dds have had have been un-itchy. No idea if thats usual or not though, sorry.

Is he well in himself? If its viral, unless its molluscum (doesn't sound like it at all) it would normally accompany an illness.

How about allergies? Any possibility?

nobodysfool Sun 07-Jun-09 16:12:32

hello again elibean-he has had viral rahes before and they didnt itch.He had a really bad cold with a high temp about 3-4 weeks ago.He seems fine in himself and has been for a couple of weeks, then the rash appreared.We are trying him on piriton to see if that helps but it hasnt so far and it is still itching.

nobodysfool Sun 07-Jun-09 16:14:47

just had a look at molluscum-def not that thank goodness.

Elibean Sun 07-Jun-09 18:39:05

If it were last week I'd suggest heat rash, but....! If its viral, it should go very soon. Otherwise, I'd bet on an allergy - don't suppose you've changed washing powder, etc?

Elibean Sun 07-Jun-09 18:39:21

smile and hello, again.

nobodysfool Sun 07-Jun-09 18:43:40

no change in washing powder or soap etc,think its another trip to the doctoes tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now