Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

German measles around a pregnant lady.

(4 Posts)
furbz Fri 05-Jun-09 19:59:58

Hi,I think my daughter who is 3 has got measles. She has been a bit irritable lately then today has a rash which looks like measles on her tummy and back, and a slight rash on her cheeks.
I am panicking as her childminder is 10 weeks pregnant and im really worried that it will be harmful to her. My daughter is with her everyday. We have tried to ring her childminder to let her know.Feel really guilty, although we werent to know. Is it extremely dangerous for her childminder?

3littlefrogs Fri 05-Jun-09 20:05:37

german measles is completely different from measles. You need a proper diagnosis from a doctor. German measles is dangerous for pregnant women but only if they not immunised or have no natural immunity.

You really need to find out what your dd has got, then take it from there.

furbz Fri 05-Jun-09 20:22:10

Thankyou, I really dont know much about it. Should i take her to the emergency doctors or wait untill Monday? She seems to be a bit better in herself now the rash has come out.

3littlefrogs Fri 05-Jun-09 23:39:47

Measles is a notifiable disease, so if I were you I would speak to the on call GP service in the morning, if you feel she is not too unwell to wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now