Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How heavy is your 10 month old?

(6 Posts)
blondissimo Fri 05-Jun-09 16:56:53

Because my ds was weighed yesterday at the hospital and he is 24lbs! I did think he was pretty heavy, but not that heavy! He doesn't look fat - just normal baby chubbiness on the tummy and legs, and he doesn't eat that much compared to other children of his age. I let him eat finger foods and guage his own hunger as much as possible. He is just below average height for his age so it's not as if it's in proportion with this.
Should I be concerned at all? The paediatrician who saw him didn't seem concerned.

mum2RandR Fri 05-Jun-09 17:54:15

When my DD was 11 months she weighed 27lbs! She was also very tall, off the chart for both weight and height.
She is now nearly 19 months and weighs about 30lbs, is still tall but probably at the end of the chart rather then off it.
She hasnt gained any weight in about 7 months so Im hoping that she has stabilised her weight as the HV hoped she would.
Your DS sounds fine to me, is he crawling yet? I found my DDs weight stayed the same once she became more active, and she didnt crawl until about 11 months. (she was probably too heavy to lift herself up off the floor!)

Castiel Fri 05-Jun-09 17:59:27

My dd weighed 24lbs at 24 weeks... at 10 months she was significantly more!

It stabilises when they move round more. grin

CandleQueen Fri 05-Jun-09 18:00:54

DS2 is 10.5 months and is 20lbs or so.

blondissimo Fri 05-Jun-09 22:52:28

Yes he is crawling - and I haven't increased his food intake or anything - he pretty much has always eaten what's put in front of him!
Oh well, maybe he'll have a growth spurt (in length) soon!
mum2RandR and Castiel - did you not find all the carrying around did your back in? It does mine!

mum2RandR Sat 06-Jun-09 08:53:32

Definitely does my back in! I live in a flat and have to walk up two flights of stairs and she has only been going up herself for a little while. When she falls asleep in the car and I have to carry her up to bed, what a nightmare!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now