Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 yo throwing up all day, what to do next?

(5 Posts)
seriouscase Thu 04-Jun-09 19:42:02

DS (3) been throwing up since 8.30 this morning. Every time he has some water he brings it back up. It is just watery and yellowish. Worried about him being dehyrated - not peed much today, been twice I think. He is sleeping now. Any advice?

seriouscase Thu 04-Jun-09 19:56:40

Really yellow now sad

seriouscase Thu 04-Jun-09 20:50:28

bump

nancy75 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:56:31

probably one of those nasty bugs, when he wakes up just let him sip water very slowly, 1 sip then 10 mins later another tiny sip. when dd had this a couple of years ago my gp gave me the best advice ever - ice lollies! they are mostly water so rehydrate but go down much slower than a glass of water so have more luck staying down, they usually have fruit/bit of sugar too, which perks you up abit. hope he feels better soon.

seriouscase Thu 04-Jun-09 21:48:39

Thanks Nancy. He woke up about an hour ago, had some sips of water, threw up again sad. Gone back to sleep now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now