Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD1 & poss cystitis-anything I can do?

(3 Posts)
FuriousGeorge Thu 04-Jun-09 16:29:08

DD1 [5] has never wet the bed,but did twice last night.I was a bit suspicious that something was up,but sent her to school anyway.When she came home,she was wearing a different uniform as,apparently she needed to wee all of a sudden and couldn't get to the loo fast enough so wet herself at school.She says it hurts too.

I can't get av Drs apt til tomorrow and the receptionist said that no one will give her anything over the counter,as she is too young.The poor thing has just wet herself again and is distraught.Is there anything anyone can recommend to tide us over until tomorrow?

Many thanks
FG

bumpybecky Thu 04-Jun-09 16:31:31

cranberry juice to drink, failing that lots and lots of water, milk or very very dilute squash (barley water for preference)

let her wee in the bath if she wants, bit yuckky, but apparently it's less painful

hope she's feeling better soon

somewhathorrified Thu 04-Jun-09 16:33:44

cold water on cotton wool afer peeing, air dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now