Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD (5) has a palm-sized 'dip' at the top of her thigh- any guesses what this is?

(7 Posts)
Pendulum Tue 02-Jun-09 22:02:40

This is a strange one.... I have noticed a depression on the outside top of her leg, about the size of a couple of my fingers lying flat. It's not bothering her, doesn't hurt and there's no bruising, discolouration etc... it's just , well, a dent that she doesn't have on the other side.

I will prob take her to the docs just to get it checked out, but wondered if anyone has an inkling what this might be?

girlandboy Tue 02-Jun-09 22:31:02

Bumping for you

Pendulum Wed 03-Jun-09 06:39:24

thanks girlandboy. I know it's an unusual query, but you never know....

mum2RandR Wed 03-Jun-09 12:36:07

My DS has one on his left leg and has had it since he was little, hes 9 now. I have always thought it was from one of his immunisations he had when he was a toddler. I remember that after one injection he had on that leg it formed a lump and then he was left with a dent after that.
Has your DD had an injection in that part of her leg?

missmama Wed 03-Jun-09 13:15:04

I have one on my back. Sort of above my kidneys.
It was caused by a heavy blow about 20 years ago. It never really hurt or bruised, its just there, a big dent on my back.

missmama Wed 03-Jun-09 13:15:45

I have one on my back. Sort of above my kidneys.
It was caused by a heavy blow about 20 years ago. It never really hurt or bruised, its just there, a big dent on my back.

missmama Wed 03-Jun-09 13:16:18

Oohh wierd. only the one dent honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now