Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Very fine rash on my DS (2.2) - should I take him to the GP and/or anyone got any ideas what might be causing it?

(7 Posts)
spicemonster Tue 02-Jun-09 19:28:06

Really weird, appeared yesterday. It's really, really fine, like tiny dots which are all joined together into a big raised patch on his back and some on his torso. It's not that red, only pale pink and doesn't appear to be causing him any discomfort. I thought it was a heat rash but it's still there this evening. Absolutely fine in every other way - eating well, no fever, usual shouty self.

Should I just ignore it or take him to the GP? Or does anyone have any idea what it might be?

spicemonster Tue 02-Jun-09 20:18:06

Anyone?

Wallace Tue 02-Jun-09 20:27:13

could be heat rash. My ds is still spotty from a heat rash which came up on sunday

spicemonster Tue 02-Jun-09 20:50:49

I'm sure it's just that Wallace. I am really not very confident at trusting my judgement when it comes to my DS's ailments after I thought he had a bit of a cold and was rushed to hospital after I took him to the GP. blush Now I think I err too far the other direction

OlderNotWiser Tue 02-Jun-09 20:56:03

Has he been ill recently? My DS gets a really weird viral rash a few days after a nasty bug. It sounds similar to what you describe, isnt itchy, just goes away after a few days or so on its own but freaked me out the first couple of times.

spicemonster Tue 02-Jun-09 21:43:56

No he hasn't OnW. I shan't worry then - sure it's nothing serious but I like to check with MN!

babyignoramus Wed 03-Jun-09 11:12:03

I posted a message about my DS (14 weeks ) who has something very similar. I've left him undressed in the breeze from the window and it's virtually gone now! Must have been heatrash, but it had been there a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now