Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 year old DD smelling of BO, anyone else notice this?

(11 Posts)
clayre Sun 31-May-09 11:51:21

DD 6 has started smelling of BO, i noticed it this morning, she normally has a bath in the evenings and a shower in the morning but she didnt have a bath last night and as i was putting her in the shower this morning i noticed she was smelling of BO, it wasnt over powering but it was there. She is a bigger than average 6 year old im not keen to use deoderants on her.

anyone else had this problem?

what would anyone advise?

thanks

clayre Sun 31-May-09 12:28:57

just me that has a smelly child?

BCNS Sun 31-May-09 12:33:17

no.. DD (5) can get like this when it's hot. you could get her a pitrok
DD uses teatree and mint shower gel.. and this also seems to work well

ellingwoman Sun 31-May-09 12:38:16

I was going to say pitrok. Also don't dress her in school dresses They are more constricting. Those two-piece summer dresses you can get are the best. And buy big!

This is based on a 6 year old in my class last year who got terribly whiffy during the day and was avoided by other children sad

BCNS Sun 31-May-09 12:40:13

good point elling.. DD doesn't wear summer dresses at school. light weight girl teousers and a large cotton polo shirt .. seems to keep her cooler

forehead Sun 31-May-09 12:54:56

She should wear deodrant for sensitive skin.My dd aged 7 uses Sanex deodrant. I have also bought her some body shop perfume.
People are always telling her that she smells nice.

clayre Sun 31-May-09 12:57:21

thanks, never heard of pitrok but i'll have a look for it, she does wear school dresses but i havent noticed her smell wearing them, they are big and baggy thou as she wears an age 8 for her height but is like a stick insect!

Glad to know its a normal thing, i thought she was maybe a bit young!!!

forehead Sun 31-May-09 12:57:43

Sorry i mean deodorant

Mousey84 Sun 31-May-09 13:20:08

I read on here a while ago that an MNers DS has this problem and switching to organic milk helped.

Elibean Sun 31-May-09 15:34:51

dd first had whiffy little pits last summer, when she was only 4 (and it was very hot and she was rushing about). I was really worried, but she's fine - and a year later, it doens't happen any more often.

I use natural deodorant for her, the same as my own - just herbal stuff (can't remember name, will have a look later!) which can't hurt and does work beautifully so far.

clayre Sun 31-May-09 20:47:15

thanks, she was smelly again today so im def going to find some natural deodorant for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now