Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used POXCLIN...?

(8 Posts)
misspollysdolly Sun 22-Mar-09 15:55:09

...Is it any good or at least worth the tenner it costs from Boots...??

DS1 has the pox. Also has sensitive/itchy skin already...I predict a riot!! Just wonderng what your feedback would be before I shell out. Have been giving calpol, nurofen and just given a dose of Piriton too. Spots still appearing and itching just starting...AARRGGHH!!

Waswondering Sun 22-Mar-09 16:01:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

miniandme Tue 24-Mar-09 10:44:31

I looked at this too when our twins had the pox just a few weeks back,look at the ingredients in it it is basically aloe vera really which is a lot cheaper bought on its own in a health food shop !!
DT1 Abby had one of the worst cases of the pox anyone had seen including 2 doctors who saw her(check my profile to see her poxy pic)
we used regular calpol and oilatum in her bath then covered her in aveeno cream,she gets this for her eczema which i think is the reason her skin flared up so badly with the pox.

stealthsquiggle Tue 24-Mar-09 10:51:12

I bought it for DD because it was reduced to £3 grin - it did seem to help but she was on Piriton anyway. I have 2/3 of a bottle left....

Hazeybabe Fri 11-Apr-14 10:25:55

My friend recommended it to me when both my DS came down with it, as it worked for her DD. I'd already tried calamine lotion (did nothing!) so bought PoxClin. Was great. Went on easy, stopped itching & not a scar in sight. Would highly recommend.

coldwater1 Fri 11-Apr-14 12:31:47

I used it but my kids preferred virasoothe tbh

Forgettable Fri 11-Apr-14 14:21:37

Have heard great things about poxclin

Oat baths help, be aware the child will be super-slippery though

E45, keep it in the fridge, very soothing

Euarax lotion or cream also v good at relieving itch

Any sign of pox in eyes or mouth, ring GP

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 11-Apr-14 21:49:35

I used Virasoothe, similar price to Poxcilan.

Couple of handfuls of bicarb of soda in the bath helps (buy over counter in boots, get huge tub for a quid), then dab the Virasoothe on each spot it really helps prevent scars too, and can buy Piriton over the counter to help with the itching

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: