Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

why is my ds having odd reactions2 reflux meds??

(9 Posts)
mad4mybaby Fri 06-Mar-09 09:18:48

ds2 has severe reflux and ranitadine didnt do anythinng so was put on domperidone and omeperazole. i noticed after 2 weeks that omeperazole was making him worse, for about 4 hours after i gave him it he'd just scream and scream in pain, couldnt sleep and v unsettled so took him off it. ended up in hosp yesterday and they've given lansoperazole (sp) and said should see change in 48 hours. gave it to him 2.5 hours ago and he seems to be going the same way, really struggled getting him to sleep, screaming, wind getting stuck, upset etc.

what is going on??

rubyslippers Fri 06-Mar-09 09:19:54

you need to give him time on the new meds i think

mad4mybaby Fri 06-Mar-09 09:21:04

yeah i do plan on giving to him and see howhe is sunday and then see but i dont understand why they do this to him

rubyslippers Fri 06-Mar-09 09:22:14

the reflux is doing it, not the meds?

will he sleep sitting up or in a sling?

if he has weeks of not sleeping well/being in pain then he won't just switch in a day - i know it is distressing but hopefully these meds will work?

mad4mybaby Fri 06-Mar-09 09:23:59

no itsx the meds. hewas off omep for 2weeks and didnt have these wierd reactions but still refluxing and now as soon as ive started a diff med its back again

rubyslippers Fri 06-Mar-09 09:24:47

maybe you need to call the doctors for some reassurance ...

hope he is on the mend soon

mad4mybaby Fri 06-Mar-09 09:25:59

hes got his jabs later thinkinh i might postpone till next week?

rubyslippers Fri 06-Mar-09 09:27:17

get some advice from your nurse about the jabs

if he is very distressed and upset then it may be a good idea - but speak to your practice first

mad4mybaby Fri 06-Mar-09 09:30:02

only worried incase hes grotty from the jabs and any reaction put down to that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now