Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anti vaccine form no GP would sign. Aparently.

(4 Posts)
Spidermama Tue 03-Mar-09 19:45:53

Here.

It's American so don't know if same issues arise. It's a lot to take in and I'm not sure what I think of it but thought I'd pass it on in case anyone's interested.

homicidalmatriach Tue 03-Mar-09 19:51:54

I know a bit about this subject for reasons I will remain vague on (sorry!)

Basically by presenting your childs arm/leg for injection, you the parent are accepting the risk. Your GP can only recommend the course of treatment, you as parent assert that you have understood and read up on the risks - leaflets are available for EVERY immunisation on request which explain the risks and contents of the vaccine - so you take on the responsibility, not the doctor.

In the case of contamination btw, all vaccine givers are indemnified by insurance policies for damage to the recipient - I think it's a max of £10m per child.

KerryMumbles Tue 03-Mar-09 19:53:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ruty Tue 03-Mar-09 20:02:00

i guess the old chestnut 'risks versus benefits' applies. i am very worried about vaccine safety, but not entirely happy that not vaccinating is particularly safe either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: