Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pre school Jabs? Is it normal to get a reaction 2 days later?

(4 Posts)
OlaMamas Fri 20-Feb-09 07:45:58

Was just wondering if anyone knew whether it was normal to get a reaction to the pre school jabs a couple of days after. He had the jabs Tuesday morning. My health visitor normally warns after injections to look out for this and that but didn't this time. Also DS1 has never had any reaction before. He's been being sick on and off since 2am and is complaining of tummy ache! Just wondered if it could be connected to jabs?

AMumInScotland Fri 20-Feb-09 21:40:00

I don't think tummy upsets are a common effect from jabs - more often they get a bit of a fever and maybe an achy arm. Sounds more likely to be a coincidence I think, but maybe others will be able to add their experiences one way or the other.

Sidge Fri 20-Feb-09 21:55:17

It's unlikely, tummy upsets are not a common side effect. Probably a coincidental tummy bug, poor boy.

OlaMamas Sat 21-Feb-09 19:13:30

Thanks to you both... not managed to get on due to what (I think you're right on) A tummy bug bless him! Been not himself since and off his food. Think we are coming to the end of it now thankfully. But as far as jabs... thought it was worth a check. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now