Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Noticed two weeks ago 17month old DS2's foot faces inwards slightly?

(11 Posts)
OlaMamas Mon 16-Feb-09 15:51:50

Just wondering if anyone had any advice as to whether anything is usually done. DS2 has been very wobbly and unsteady on his feet since walking at about 13 / 14 months. Guiltily only just noticed about two weeks ago his left foot turns inwards slightly and it seems to be that that is causing the majority of his falls! Is it a health visitor or dr job? And do they do anything at this stage does anyone know? Would be really grateful for any input.

ilovetochat Mon 16-Feb-09 15:57:14

i would suggest hv, my dds toes cross and i mentioned it to the hv and she got me an appointment with a podiatrist.

NAB09 Mon 16-Feb-09 15:58:02

My DD had this and finially at 5 we have some exercises to do.

You need a doctor referral.

Marne Mon 16-Feb-09 16:01:34

Dd2's feet turn inwards, i took her to the gp last year and they told me it should correct itself but it hasn't. Should i be taking her back? She's 3 next month. She walks ok but does fall over a lot but i thought this was because of her having ASD.

NAB09 Mon 16-Feb-09 16:02:21

I would take her back. My DD has had so many physical problems, we were told all would sort themselves out. None did.

Elibean Mon 16-Feb-09 16:42:33

Its a doctor job, if you want a referral.

dd's feet both turned in, one more than the other, at this age. She also tiptoed a fair bit, and her ankles rolled inwards at times. Her hips got x-rayed and she saw the consultant and physio....they both said most of it would self-correct, and in her case they were right (so far). She is now 2.2 and only one foot very slightly rolls in at the ankle...as do dh's...so she may need insoles later on.

But the physio said nothing would be done at this age anyway, just 'keep an eye out'.

Also, at 17 months she wasn't even walking properly - now, she runs and rarely falls over. I guess thats why they often say 'wait', because a lot can get better and is still changing...but as NAB says, not always.

OlaMamas Mon 16-Feb-09 17:00:48

Thanks for that. At clinic tomorrow with DS1 (Jabs) So will mention to HV and book a DRs appointment! Least its noted even if they're going to make us wait and see!

OlaMamas Tue 17-Feb-09 13:26:41

Have been referred to podiatry for them to check out my DS2. Thanks again for all your advice.

Clure Tue 17-Feb-09 13:43:48

My DD didn't walk till 19 months and we noticed her turning one of her feet in , also had tendancies to be falling over a lot. Our HV was great, we had a referal to podiatrist. He seemed happy that dd being a late walker this would right itself in time, recommended good supportive shoes but plenty of time for her to walk around without shoes to let feet spread out.
DD now 4 and walking without turn. smile
Good luck with your appointment

OlaMamas Tue 17-Feb-09 13:56:33

Oh thanks for that Clure. Nice to think it can be sorted out. smile

NAB09 Tue 17-Feb-09 13:58:31

Keep an eye.

I put too much trust in the wrong people but DD is quite okay about doing her "sports" (exercises) so hopefully she won't have any problems for too much longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now