Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Glue ear

(3 Posts)
clemette Mon 16-Feb-09 12:47:23

DS (13 months) has been diagnosed with this following seven ear infections in three months. It only affects one ear and the GP wants to wait and see how it progresses.
Can anyone tell me anything about glue ear and possible treatments? CO hasn't worked...
Thanks
Sam

northender Mon 16-Feb-09 15:01:39

ds and dd both have glue ear which is resolving without them having had any intervention. It tends to be worse in the winter, it does affect hearing but I guess that will be difficult to test in your ds due to his age. Grommets used to be a fairly standard treatment for it but they are much more reluctant to do that (it is after all a surgical intervention) as lots of children do grow out of it.

I think the main thing is that your ds has the diagnosis and so should get all the appropriate tests etc.

If you search the archive there are lots of other threads about glue ear.

Hope that helps smile

clemette Mon 16-Feb-09 23:27:41

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now