Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nose Bleeds!

(7 Posts)
newnamenow Tue 10-Feb-09 12:22:22

My daughter had a second VERY heavy nose bleed in the night (the first was a few weeks ago) its still bleedy today but not streaming.. it is coming out of both nostrils so i dont think its because she picked it!? not sure though! seems very heavy for that!

anything to worry about!?

southeastastra Tue 10-Feb-09 12:29:47

hi, how old is she? my ds(7) used to get them quite alot.

DaphneMoon Tue 10-Feb-09 12:43:15

I used to get them a lot when I was younger as did my older sister. I can't remember the last time I got one now though. I'm sure she will grow out of them. How old is she? Both my sister and I got them early teens, they would stream and stream and we got large clots. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but we are both rhesus negative blood group and the rest of the family are different.
They would start for what seemed no apparent reason.

DaphneMoon Tue 10-Feb-09 12:43:59

Forgot to say I would check it out with the doctor though.

southeastastra Tue 10-Feb-09 12:46:40

central heating makes them worse i've found, or hot weather

newnamenow Tue 10-Feb-09 13:09:35

actually, we are staying somewhere very hot at the moment! could be that then... she is 3 and a half!

i will take her to gp just in case then.. i didnt know if i would be laughed out for taking her for something silly??

southeastastra Tue 10-Feb-09 13:24:25

course they won't laugh!

my son got them alot from about 3 onwards though they seem to have calmed down now.

always more in summer or winter. scary though aren't they

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now