Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1 year old and pale smelly poo's

(11 Posts)
mum2samandalex Sun 01-Feb-09 21:25:14

he seems to be pooing constantly sometimes its really mushy other times its like small pellets and its only a little bit although smells really bad. Im a bit concerned at the frequency and the pale colour.Ive been offering loads of fluids and fruit and veg. Is it anything to worry about???

Flightattendant9 Sun 01-Feb-09 21:26:51

Possibly, but not necessarily. you need to google stool charts and liver disease - it has a good colour guide as to what to worry about and what is Ok.

Also poss coeliac I think but not sure. Take him to see the GP first off x

AnyFucker Sun 01-Feb-09 21:26:51

have you seen your gp ?

Flightattendant9 Sun 01-Feb-09 21:27:09

Sorry will try and find you link

Flightattendant9 Sun 01-Feb-09 21:28:08

Here you go pet

mum2samandalex Sun 01-Feb-09 21:34:14

Oh thankyou i think looking at that chart i will definitely take him to the docs. Its only been the last few days that theyve been like this and ive been trying to make little chnages to see if its any improvement. Does teething sometimes affect their nappies?

Flightattendant9 Sun 01-Feb-09 21:36:30

Yes, it can do but generally will make them looser not a diff colour iyswim,

Hope it's nothing to worry about, good luck x

mum2samandalex Sun 01-Feb-09 21:39:10

i introduced cows milk about week ago has he had turned 1 wondering if that could be something to do with it?

costagirl Sun 01-Feb-09 21:41:11

My DS had similar when about 1.5 - they tested him for coeliac but came back ok. It all settled down eventually. Good luck.

zanz1bar Sun 01-Feb-09 22:19:40

DS had this as well, it came and went and up till 3yrs he put on very little weight.
pale almost creamy white poo sometimes lose sometimes very hard and would float.
Went to gp and hv when he was 2, blood tests are a good idea just to discount liver problems.

DS problem is milk.
the more weight he lost, the more milk i would give as he craved it. swapped to goats milk/lactose free milk and then stopped all milk at 3 years.
He seems fine on yoghurt/ice cream/cheese etc just milk.
At 3 he began to show spooning on his toenails=low iron, so no milk now and extra iron.
this is a very tall boy just skinny loads of energy, meat eating, lots of green veg/fruit etc.
The problem really does seem to be milk, SIL gets excema if she drinks too much milk, so maybe a family trait.
Go to gp and check it out, DS is now 4 yrs..thats a lot of wasted time.

Flightattendant9 Mon 02-Feb-09 07:23:40

Yes I reckon if it coincided with the cows milk, he prob has a lactose intolerance. You could ask on the allergies board about alternatives, I'm afraid I am rubbish on that subject - but stop the cows milk for sure and see if it helps, he must be quite uncomfortable sad

Not to mention the workload for you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now