Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Skin rash - advice?

(3 Posts)
AmandaN Thu 22-Jan-09 09:14:55

Hi there,

my four month old little girl has developed a red rash, almost like a heat rash on her torso.. took her to the doctor who thought it was just dry skin and advised moisturising (which do anyway) and the health visitor said pretty much the same thing that likely some sort of contact rash and just to make sure it doesn't get dry... I haven't changed anything in terms of diet (breast fed only) or washing (I use a little of the little me organics range from Boots and tend to only bath her once or twice a week as feel too much is drying for her skin) and for clothes I've been using the Ecover non-bio liquid... So, with no change in routine I'm not sure why this would suddenly have come on.

It doesn't seem to bother her or itch or anything and she is well in herself but obviously I want to try and do what I can to clear it up, so wondered if anyone had any tips on best products to try in terms of bath, clothes washing or moisturising to deal with rashes and sensitive skins?

Am thinking maybe vaseline might be my best bet instead of moisturiser, just to see if it makes a difference?

Thanks!

igivein Thu 22-Jan-09 09:24:06

My health visitor gave me a prescription for Epaderm. It's vile stuff - looks like vaseline, but it worked a treat. You use it as a moisturiser and you also put it in the bath and also use it as soap

AmandaN Thu 22-Jan-09 14:31:25

Thanks igivein, will look into it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now