Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bad scratch on dd2's face, do I need to put anything on it ??

(6 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Tue 30-Dec-08 18:23:02

She fell off her scooter earlier, and scratched her face on a fence. It is deep enough to have bled and as she also grazed right around it it is very red. It does look very sore.

I cleaned it and have just left it as it is but xp has just seen it and thinks I should put savlon on it but i can't see hwo that will help really.

So shall I leave it be or not ??

IllegallyBrunette Tue 30-Dec-08 18:29:55

Thinking about it, the scratch must have been from wire on the fence I suppose.

She doesn't need a tetenus (sp?) jab does she ?? She is 9 and had all the normal jabs as a baby.

Sawyer64 Tue 30-Dec-08 18:35:05

I'd leave it. She's up to date with her jabs I presume?(As tetanus lives in the soil)

if it looks worse in a day or two take her to docs for review/antibiotics,if healing,leave well alone.

I use Germolene in cases like this only because it has local anaesthetic in it which helps to numb it a little,I don't use it as an antiseptic though.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 30-Dec-08 18:37:01

I think i might have some germolene, so will use that if she mentions that it's hurting again.

She is up to date with jabs yes.

Thanks for that, I did think that it was ok to leave and then xp made me doubt myself.

Sawyer64 Tue 30-Dec-08 18:37:24

Sorry x-posts!

If she's had all her baby and Pre-school jabs (at 4yrs approx) she's covered with Tetanus until she's 14 now.It would be very unusual for them to give her Tetanus at A&E now.Just take her to docs if it looks infected in a few days.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 30-Dec-08 18:40:19

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now