Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anothher milkteeth question.

(4 Posts)
OrmIrian Tue 30-Dec-08 10:05:35

DS#2 has over a period of about 4 months lost 4 milk teeth from the middle bottom of his mouth, ie 4 incisors. No sign of any new ones coming through. Seems a bit odd. But should I be worried.

Poor lamb is really struggling with apples these days.

Bink Tue 30-Dec-08 10:21:24

I've just answered the other milkteeth qu with a ref. to ds ...

So here is another - ds lost not just the front 4 but the front 6 - the two bottom secondary incisors too - he shed like a snake over not much more than a fortnight. Then he was toothless for ages - dd used to say he "had a car in his teeth", ie the empty outline of one. Which he did. It was fine, they all came in eventually, but for them all it took a year I would say.

Get him to gnaw apples with his canines.

One thing though: ds (now 9.5) still lisps a bit (says his "s"s with his tongue sticking out between his teeth instead of on roof of mouth behind top teeth); he always did, but I think being front-tooth-less for so long made it harder for him to change to the right movement. In hindsight I would have kept more of an eye on that, as the habit is now hard to break.

OrmIrian Tue 30-Dec-08 10:56:13

Thanks bink. Sorry should have read the other thread but didn't think it was the same. DS has a little lisp too..it's quite sweet grin

Bink Tue 30-Dec-08 11:03:49

you're right - they are different questions! - I was just apologising for harping on about ds again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: