Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

About an hour ago DS had his scalp glued back together, and just now DH got him ready for bed and

(14 Posts)
bran Fri 19-Dec-08 19:44:57

took his t-shirt off too roughly, so the glued bit is oozing blood from one corner. Should I
a) kill DH?
b) make DH take DS to A&E to have proper stitches?
c) apply pressure and see if the oozing stops before putting DS to bed?
d) let him ooze tonight (it's very slow) and take him to A&E in the morning?

My preferred option is a) followed by d).

It's DH's fault BTW as he bought DS trendy shoes with slippery plastic soles (I buy good shoes that DS finds boring). hmm DH thinks it's my fault as "the shoes are clearly designed to only be worn on grass". (They are cheepie football shoes with no particular design aim except to be sold to gullible fathers IMO.)

bran Fri 19-Dec-08 19:46:44

Sorry, that should be "cheap" not "cheep", they don't make any chirping noises at all.

NorthernLurkerwithastarontop Fri 19-Dec-08 19:48:09

A and D sounds good if it's just oozing a bit. I don't think you'd be able to apply pressure to the scalp very errecitively would you? Wouldn't hurt to try I suppose?

NorthernLurkerwithastarontop Fri 19-Dec-08 19:48:26

EFFECTIVELY - sorry

TipsyFairydifferentID Fri 19-Dec-08 19:48:57

it could ooze with stitches too, so I would say give dh a matching injury and lay a towel over ds pillow tonight.

bran Fri 19-Dec-08 19:49:30

LOL at TipsyFairy. grin

SparklyBaubleFeast Fri 19-Dec-08 19:50:02

ditto tipsy fairy

TipsyFairydifferentID Fri 19-Dec-08 19:50:34

grin

SparklyBaubleFeast Fri 19-Dec-08 19:50:37

did you get an advice sheet,
i had to gently wash ds's scalp injury after the glue

TipsyFairydifferentID Fri 19-Dec-08 19:51:09

sorry- in a bit of a <<rargh>> mood tonightblush

SparklyBaubleFeast Fri 19-Dec-08 19:51:09

actually he informs me it was sutured.

tissy Fri 19-Dec-08 19:52:09

C) apply a little pressure with a clean tissue/ gauze if you have it.

Scalps bleed alarmingly, and if it's just oozing, it isn't bleeding a lot.

Don't do B)- the A+E staff know what they're doing, and it will be very traumatic for ds unless he like having needles stuck in his head hmm

BigGitDad Fri 19-Dec-08 19:54:35

a and d are the correct options. A mate of mine had his head split open by a cricket ball and the glue the doctors used was excellent, the wound healed up really well. I'm sure it will be fine.

bran Fri 19-Dec-08 19:55:23

I did get an advice sheet although it's mostly to do with recognising the signs of concussion. I think the level of oozing is probably consistent with waiting and seeing, but I though I'd vent check on here too.

I do have guilty feelings as I thought they weren't grippy enough for the playground but just gave up the battle to make him wear sensible shoes. It's much more pleasurable to blame DH though.grin I thought DS would slip around a little and then realise that wearing the shoes wasn't a great idea, I didn't think he'd try to bend a metal pole with his head while falling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now