Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds seem to have had an allergic reaction but I don't know what to.

(10 Posts)
WingsofaAngel Mon 03-Nov-08 10:52:19

Last week ds2 had sickness bug. Been off his food,seemed to be back to normal.

Yesterday I noticed a mark on his arm. I thought he'd been biting it.

This morning I go to take him to school I notice his hand, it is red with white raised bumps and long like scratch marks on his face.

I brought him home checked him over and the other place was his legs. I've given him Piriton and that seems to have helped.

What do you think it could be ?

pofaced Mon 03-Nov-08 10:52:48

Take him to the doctor

WingsofaAngel Mon 03-Nov-08 10:57:02

Yes I have thought that and have taken pictures on my phone as it has nearly gone now.

Katisha Mon 03-Nov-08 10:57:05

COuld it be a post viral rash? ALthough the scratch marks is one I haven't seen.(Mine DSs get post viral rashes which are like raised bumps)

WingsofaAngel Mon 03-Nov-08 11:06:47

I've put a picture on my profile.

WingsofaAngel Mon 03-Nov-08 11:59:35

Can't get an appointment today so I'll ring later and see if I can get one for tomorrow.

Katisha Mon 03-Nov-08 22:07:34

Has it gone now?

WingsofaAngel Tue 04-Nov-08 07:45:12

Thanks for asking Katisha smile

Yes it's all gone now.

I'm thinking it could have been something from the bug he had.

missmama Tue 04-Nov-08 07:55:23

Hi My Ds has non specific allergies. Sometimes he just gets a rash and we never know why!
In the past he has had reactions to food that he eats all the time. Just one off's. Didn't happen before, didn't happen again.

The last one was a rash after drinking cows milk. He was 7 at the time. Drank it every day since he was 1 and every day since.
Doctors said grin It was a reaction to something the cow had eaten, or maybe it had been on antibiotics! grin

WingsofaAngel Tue 04-Nov-08 08:06:18

Thats good to know.

He was ok when we left the house and by the time we got to the bus stop he had what looked like a nettle rash on his hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now