Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd1 complaining of a sore wee-wee off and on... should I worry?

(6 Posts)
ready4anotherCoffee Mon 03-Nov-08 09:13:22

She's mentioned it off and on over the weekend, but there's no sign of any soreness, and 5 mins later she's off running around again... WWYD???

she's 2.9 btw

bellavita Mon 03-Nov-08 09:16:34

I would probably ring the Dr's surgery and ask their advice. You may have to take a sample in.

ready4anotherCoffee Mon 03-Nov-08 09:24:43

Thought as much. should be interesting!

We have a strict policy of wait and see, then telephone consultation, dragging my tribe to the surgery is to be avoided

tatt Mon 03-Nov-08 09:30:50

always check it out. With little girls urinary problems aren't obvious and one of my former colleagues had real problems with his girls because they didn't worry at first. Usually it will be nothing much so I wouldn't have dashed to the doc out of hours but I would ask their advice now.

bellavita Mon 03-Nov-08 09:35:10

Hope you get it sorted.

dinny Mon 03-Nov-08 09:35:35

you have to be careful with potential UTIS as they can cause kidney infection/scarring if left untreated

complaining of being sore when she wees is a symptom, so go to the doc armed with a urine sample

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now