Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS1 (nearly 4) just fell down the stairs!

(5 Posts)
RedSparklersOnHerHead Sat 01-Nov-08 17:47:10

Am still shaking!
DH upstairs in the bath
I was BFing DS2 downstairs on the settee

Down he came!
I plonked the baby on the floor and got to him just before DH.

He's ok - but has a bruise and a carpet burn on his back.

What I can't believe is how STUPID i was - as soon as i got to him I picked him up! There he was lying head on the floor on his back, feet up the stairs and I picked him up! What if he had broken his back?

This was the first time he has fallen down the stairs, and its very steep too. i feel really shaky.

RedSparklersOnHerHead Sat 01-Nov-08 17:49:24

DH soaked the bathroom BTW getting out the bath so quickly! I hope the neighbours didn't look in - he was starkers! shock !

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Sat 01-Nov-08 17:49:42

sad He's OK and he didn't hurt himself very much.

My ds did this, my heart was in my mouth and had to take the day off work so I could see that he was OK. Don't think of what could have happened. It didn't. smile

Wheelybug Sat 01-Nov-08 17:50:56

My dd did about 6 months ago (she's almost 4 too). I too ran and picked her up but I think she was getting up herself at the time. A natural reaction though to run to comfort them so try not to beat yourself up about it. He is ok so try not to think about the 'what ifs' (although its hard - I still think about dd tumbling now) - they seem to deal with these things better than we do.

RedSparklersOnHerHead Sat 01-Nov-08 17:52:41

He asked if we could get a lift instead of the stairs straight after it! He's back upstairs with his Daddy now in the bathroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now