Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

run its course or go to the doctors?

(8 Posts)
cheeryface Fri 31-Oct-08 15:45:18

was at A & E on tuesday with ds (9) as he seemed really poorly and i couldnt get his temp down. they said it was a virus and we went home after a blood test.

he started sneezing and coughing all over the place after that and although he seems a bit better in himself he still isnt eating much and his temp is 38.6

his temp was lower yesterday, 37.8
what should i do? i had hoped he would be better by now!

help please!

cheeryface Fri 31-Oct-08 15:56:21

anyone ?

cheeryface Fri 31-Oct-08 19:08:35

milkysallgone Sat 01-Nov-08 09:39:59

If it was me I would probably be tempted to wait and see. Doesn't sound unusual that a virus would still be running it's course. 37.8 isn't a particulaly high temp, and I think as long as he isn't listless or dehydrated they won't really do much for him.

All IMHO obviously. Hope he gets better soon smile.

dinny Sat 01-Nov-08 09:42:09

if he's sneezing, coughing with a temp it is obv a respiratory virus thing - just keep him quiet

it's not like he's a baby and can't tell you where it hurts

SlartyBartFast Sat 01-Nov-08 09:44:43

do you know his usual normal temperature?

TheProvincialLady Sat 01-Nov-08 10:04:14

At 9 years old I would wait for him to get better by himself unless his breathing was bad or his temperature was over 39 after paracetamol for an extended period.

cheeryface Sun 02-Nov-08 00:06:51

thanx smile temperature is still 38.6 tonight
still coughing
matchsticks anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now