Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Moisturiser for 4mo?

(13 Posts)
lauraloola Fri 31-Oct-08 14:13:44

Hi, 4mo dd has a dry face from the cold and heating and I need a moisturiser for her. She did have ecezma when she was younger so I dont want anything that could upset that.

Can you get anything over the counter or is it best to go to our GP? Thanks.

ilovemydog Fri 31-Oct-08 14:14:51

weleda calendula is good...

Iklboo Fri 31-Oct-08 14:15:01

Go to Boots and ask for a tub of Aquanaceous (sp?) cream. A huge tub will set you bacj about £3 and it's brilliant

lauraloola Fri 31-Oct-08 14:15:57

Thanks, I will pop to Boots and have a look at both of those.

brimfull Fri 31-Oct-08 14:20:04

emulsifying ointment is available behind the counter at boots and is very cheap.

It was recommended for ds when he was a baby .
Also Aqueous cream or aveeno

Iklboo Fri 31-Oct-08 14:20:49

Aqueous cream - that's it!

Sycamoretree Fri 31-Oct-08 14:21:41

Aveeno baby is the best. You can buy online in teh UK. It's gorgeous stuff.

chilledmama Fri 31-Oct-08 14:26:15

cetraben emollient cream (from Boots) was given to me on prescription but you don't need subscritption. I bit dearer than aqueous cream (£10 rather than £3) but lasts for ever and was brilliant for my DS!

"For the symptomatic relief of red, inflamed, damaged, dry or chapped skin, especially when associated with endogenous or exogenous eczema. White cream containing: White soft paraffin 13.2 %w/w Light liquid paraffin 10.5 %w/w Dosage: Adults and children: apply to dry skin areas as often as required and rub in."

MegBusset Fri 31-Oct-08 14:40:10

Aqueous cream is not recommended for use on babies with eczema as they are very likely to develop a reaction to it.

We use Doublebase on DS, it's quite light and easily absorbed. V expensive though so definitely get it on prescription.

lauraloola Fri 31-Oct-08 14:52:29

My friend had doublebase yesterday. I might ask my useless hv on Tuesday.

I will have a look at the others that people have recommended - Thanks.

noonki Fri 31-Oct-08 14:54:08

doublebase is also amazing for cradle cap! - smear on, leave for a day, gentle scrape =- v satisfiying

ShePeeTeePee Fri 31-Oct-08 14:56:33

We've had Aveeno on prescription (because it's free that way!). 'tis good stuff for hands and faces.

frasersmummy Fri 31-Oct-08 14:59:43

another vote for doublebase on prescription

just register for minor ailments with your chemist and you can get it as often as you like free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now