Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Quick! Quick! Advice needed re black eyes

(6 Posts)
DumbledoresGirl Wed 29-Oct-08 19:15:40

DD just kicked (accidentally) ds1 in the eye. He is screaming blue murder at her. His glasses are completely bent (ie the arm is no longer at right angles, but bent straight). His eye is not bleeding, but a bruise is coming up as I type. He has a cold wet flannel over his eye.

Is there anything else I should do?

Flamesparrow Wed 29-Oct-08 19:16:47

arnica?

DumbledoresGirl Wed 29-Oct-08 19:18:18

Tablets? Salve? Not sure I have any tbh (last used it when ds1 was born with forceps 12 years ago shock) but I will go and look.

MacdogOnElmStreet Wed 29-Oct-08 19:19:39

Arnica cream if you have it handy, or ice cubes in tea-towel

Flamesparrow Wed 29-Oct-08 19:20:13

both, any, all

DumbledoresGirl Wed 29-Oct-08 19:29:04

LOL just searched ancient box of medicines/toiletries. No arnica.

The wet flannel seems to have brought swelling down and he is now laughing at The Simpsons, but there is a tiny bleed to the side of his eye (probably where glasses caught him).

I guess the black eye bit is going to be unavoidable?

Ds3 bumped his head this afternoon and had the icecube in a plastic bag treatment, but this being on the eye, I am less convinced that ds1 would tolerate it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: