Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Unidentifiable rash

(4 Posts)
Pinkjenny Wed 29-Oct-08 11:38:55

Dd has come out in a weird rash, under one arm, slightly down one side and also a bit on the underarm. She had it on the other side a few weeks ago, albeit not quite as severely.

I took her to the GP who said it looked like shingles or CP. I said, 'Oh, my mum has recently changed her washing powder and I thought it was just a contact rash'. He said, 'Yes it might be'. [hnmm]

She is fine otherwise, the spots have tiny little heads on them, and she has itched them occasionally, but not very much.

Any ideas anyone? They are showing no signs of blistering or spreading. I thought you had to have CP before shingles?

Pinkjenny Wed 29-Oct-08 11:49:04

bump

SamJones Wed 29-Oct-08 12:30:46

Well as I understand it you have to have had the cp virus in your system to be able to develop shingles, which is the disease you develop when the virus reactivates after being dormant usually somewhere like a spinal column node.
But I guess it is possibe to have had exposure to the virus and not developed full blown syptomatic cp iyswim?

Doesn't help much with the rash tho sorry!

Pinkjenny Wed 29-Oct-08 13:25:18

Hmm. She is very prone to rashes. It's a blinkin' nightmare for her, bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now