Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How long with a runny tummy before you go to Docs?

(4 Posts)
Jjou Wed 29-Oct-08 09:51:55

My dd has had a bit of a dodgy tummy for the past 4/5 days - at first i just assumed she's teething, but it's been a while and she's still doing runny, watery nappies 3-4 times a day. Her little bum is so red and sore, despite nappy off time and sudocrem/metanium...she's eating and drinking ok, but i'm not sure if i should get her checked out. I doubt there's a lot the GP can or will do, other than make me feel totally neurotic...how long do you leave your lo's? (She's 12 mo btw)

bubblagirl Wed 29-Oct-08 09:58:53

i would take now i usually leave 3 days before i get too worried no longer thasn 3 days so take her now she could be intolerant to something or have this bug going around best to get it checked

gps dodnt think your neaurotic if you ran in the minute a runny bum occured maybe but after 3 days they would not think that at all hope she is ok soon x

HelenMc1 Thu 30-Oct-08 13:45:11

My son has the same thing - lots of watery nappies from Monday afternoon. I took him into the doctors yesterday afternoon and although the doctor was not overly concerned she got me to drop in a sample from his nappy (I know, it was fun to do!) and gave me some re-hydrating sachets which he strangely loves.

Get her booked in now just to be sure.

Jjou Fri 31-Oct-08 09:56:45

Thanks for the replies, but of course as soon as i sorted out taking time off work to go to docs etc. then her nappies returned to normal, and she's been totally fine since. Typical! I'll make an appointment at the first sign of it returning tho smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now