Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I think DD is ill <<sigh>>

(10 Posts)
CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 21:47:03

She's been grouchy for the last few days and hasn't eaten much, just bf. Tonight she took an hour to get to sleep. Last time she did that she was quite ill. She keeps coughing in the middle of the night for a few hours, same time every night. She also has a viral rash on her cheeks, but she always gets them, even with colds.

I appear to have a bit of a stomach bug, with diarrhoea and stomach cramps. DD has had no diarrhoea or sickness. Do you think she's just got a virus?

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:01:20

bump

ClaudiaSchiffer Tue 28-Oct-08 22:12:10

Poor little poppet.

Can you bundle her off to the docs tomorrow if you are worried?

It does sound as if she has a bit of a cough/cold. How old is she?

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:15:27

I think I might take her tomorrow. She's got no cold or cough symptoms in the day at all but is teething badly which I think is making her grumpy as well. It's really confusing me. She's 14 months.

littlelapin Tue 28-Oct-08 22:23:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClaudiaSchiffer Tue 28-Oct-08 22:25:48

I have a 14month old too Char, she too has horrid runny nose, coughing and a bit of a temperature. I am unsure whether it is teething or a cold. I just know she is a bit miserable and give her a bit of medicine and a cuddle. Oh, and let her sleep a lot in the day.

Hope you get a good nights sleep and your daugher feels better soon.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:27:18

Teething and bug it is then. Woo hoo! hmm I'm worried about her getting this sicky bug I've got, I really couldn't handle her puking her guts up (she's never had a sickness bug). Hopefully just a general virus. I am confused by the coughing though, being only for 2 hours at night. I started a thread about it a few days ago but it settled down only to start up again last night. Argh, babies are so confusing! grin

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:29:07

Sorry your DD is ill too CS, hope she's better too as well. I've given DD nurofen and anbesol before bed and she's been asleep for 2 hours now which is quite good for her. Just when she'd cut down to 4 bfs a day, now she's demanding them all over the shop!

littlelapin Tue 28-Oct-08 22:30:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:32:46

Yes that's probably what it is. Strange child. She's not even dribbling in the day just coughing between 11 and 1. Then again, she does have a busy schedule, maybe that's all the coughing she can fit in wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now