Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Every day DD2 tells me she feels sick at least 4 times..........

(8 Posts)
DecayingDisaster Sun 26-Oct-08 17:47:55

and no matter what i reply it is wrong and she gets upset or angry.
if i say
poor girl that's a shame.
why?
what can we do to stop it?
it will go later
lets do x, y or z instead.
everything
everything is wrong. every single time. every bloody day. for over a sodding year.
argh.argh. argh.

pushchair Sun 26-Oct-08 18:03:26

how old is she? Mine does this sometimes. She is 9 and I think it is when she doesnt want to go to school for some reason. Often she will tell me later about something like falling out with her best friend or not being able to do the maths. She is often stroppy too and the 'no answer is the right answer' point is so familiar.

ElviraInanEcup Sun 26-Oct-08 18:10:18

Message withdrawn

DecayingDisaster Sun 26-Oct-08 18:13:57

sort of repeating/reflecting what she says rather than agreeing/arguing with her?
don't hold out much hope but worth a try.

minko Sun 26-Oct-08 18:21:09

It's very good for getting adult attention. Maybe she's realised that...?

DecayingDisaster Sun 26-Oct-08 18:23:20

sort of but she does have other stuff going on and she really does feel sick. its just that no matter what i say is wrong and it pisses me off.

ElviraInanEcup Sun 26-Oct-08 18:29:19

Message withdrawn

pushchair Sun 26-Oct-08 18:30:22

Oh i see she really is feeling sick. So its mostly the frustration?
Hmm Can you defuse[sp] the situation by doing something a bit off the wall. Like sweeping her off her feet and giving her a cuddle and saying 'I know its a pita. What do you fancy for dinner?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now