Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1 year old with a tummy bug - how long to hold off solid food?

(12 Posts)
MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 09:18:15

I posted yesterday about my DS being sick, well it has continued throughout the night, just bringing up liquid, though he did keep on BF down, and a bit of water.

He was last sick about 4 hours ago. If he isn't sick again, when can we give him a bit of food - I'm thinking a slice of toast or something...

He is in a much better mood now, seems quite cheerful, I think he is hungry though, bit worried about him having too much milk in case it makes him worse?

ledodgy Sun 26-Oct-08 09:19:41

Bananas, rice, apples and toast are supposed to be the best foods to keep down. I'd try him on one of these.

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 09:24:07

Thanks ledodgy - thankfully he seems to like all of that! So if not sick again, a bit of boiled rice at, say, 12pm? That would be 6 hours, the longest stretch without being sick since 3pm yesterday.

ledodgy Sun 26-Oct-08 09:25:48

Good Luck. I hope he's feeling better soon. smile

SazzlesA Sun 26-Oct-08 09:27:52

Message withdrawn

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 09:28:03

Thank you he is just having a bath, and from the sounds of it, quite enjoying it!

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 09:28:49

Oh that's good to know Sazzles (well, you know...) after he was sick the last time he had a very runny nappy - so maybe we're on the up.

ledodgy Sun 26-Oct-08 09:33:27

should have said apple sauce. BRAT treatment

nooOOOoonki Sun 26-Oct-08 09:34:52

I would water down any milk and try and avoid as dairy can aggrevate it,

ledodgy's list of food is spot on imo,

He won't want till eat till his tummy is feeling a bit better hope is feeling better soon smile

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 11:54:54

6/7 hours since he was last sick he is very cheerful and alert, has just eaten a couple of rice cakes and half a banana. I really hope that's it now.

How long to keep with the BRAT food?

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 14:43:08

Bump, just not sure when he can eat something like chicken/potatoes, just other food really...

MurderousMarla Sun 26-Oct-08 16:22:20

... anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now