Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Heaters at DS's school.....healthy?

(3 Posts)
magnumnuts Sat 25-Oct-08 22:40:24

Hi everyone. I just wanted someone else's thoughts on this...DS suffers from chest complaints (hes 4) Hes not asthmatic but he had a bout of mild pneumonia when he was a baby....from then on every cold or sniffle he gets goes straight to his chest usually resulting in a chest infection........He recently started reception and has already been off for a week with a bad chest....I'll get to the point! His classroom (very cramped) is heated with convector type heaters with blow out warm air...Its very uncomfortable in the mornings if you happen to sit or stand near one of theses heaters...which are placed at head level to the kids. Im worried if this might aggravate his chest? The whole school is heated in this way...Im thinking of re-locating him...what would you do?

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 25-Oct-08 22:47:53

if he is prone to chest problems, he will be prone to them anywhere TBH.

my DS2 is prone to them, as is my DD3 (she has now had pnuemonia 3 times, DS1 has also had pnuemonia but once).

once they are prone, they are prone, IME.

and any school n your area is likely to have similar heating, and even if they don;t, until you move him you are not going to know how it will affect him.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 26-Oct-08 20:44:37

The infant school dd went to, had underfloor heating with carpet.
Can you imagine what it was like during tummy bug season.....
bleugh.

Getting back to your point - it doesnt sound pleasant but I'm not sure what you can do, make sure he drinks plenty I suppose and try and keep him snot free so he breathes through his nose rather than his mouth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: