Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has recurring little bruises on her back, near her spine

(15 Posts)
CoteDAzur Sat 25-Oct-08 13:34:46

What can they possibly be? Small, like finger marks, but not in a line like finger pattern.

Sometimes there is one, sometimes 3-4. They are on her lower back and quite central (on or near the spine) but not near her bottom.

DD (3) has been getting these bruises for the past year or so and it is driving me crazy. I am with her most of the day, 24 hours on some days, and nobody mistreats her.

I thought it may have been her pram's harness, but she hasn't used her pram in over a month. We also recently changed her car seat and now it is all soft.

Any ideas?

columbolover Sat 25-Oct-08 15:05:08

hi,
ds kept getting these bruises right in middle of lower / mid back, on his spine - not sure if similar to you or not - someone suggested to me they were caused by him moving backwards in the shopping trolley when we were at the shops!

Sounds strange, I know!

columbolover Sat 25-Oct-08 15:07:04

Meant to say that I did believe that this was the cause of it in the end!

CoteDAzur Sat 25-Oct-08 15:41:21

I put DD in the shopping trolley maybe twice in the last three months. But she keeps getting new bruises.

DH is getting all paranoid about them.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 25-Oct-08 16:05:28

dd had that!! I never did figure out what it was but as it was 7 years ago I figure it was probably nothing too bad.

MaDAMNEDAnt Sat 25-Oct-08 16:10:01

Does she ever with trousers with lumpy waistbands? The folds of waistbands can be quite pokey, and I reckon they could generate a bruise even with a gentle bump.

BroccoliSpears Sat 25-Oct-08 16:19:55

High chair?

Bath time? Some soet of bath chair or toy?

Changing table? Back of the loo seat / potty?

CoteDAzur Sat 25-Oct-08 16:24:51

It might be the trousers.

She is 3, and out of nappies day & night for about 6 months now, so no changing table.

LittlePeanut Sat 25-Oct-08 21:07:53

My DD used to get these too! I was always totally confused about them, and never got to the bottom of it!

Sorry, not much help, except that it is probably nothing serious if it is so common.

littlelapin Sat 25-Oct-08 21:10:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 25-Oct-08 21:12:17

is she quite thin???

I find that the thinner the child, the more they seem to bruise. no idea why, I just think that they are more 'knobbly'.

stayinbed Sat 25-Oct-08 21:15:04

dd1 got them to, in strange places, not on her back. the more i thought about the more i could find things she was exposed to that caused them. some ppl (like me and my dd1) are extremely prone to bruise, even from the pressure of your fingers on the spine when you lift her up!

llareggub Sat 25-Oct-08 21:18:59

DS gets them too. He is very skinny and also very active....

oopsacoconut Sat 25-Oct-08 21:39:11

Hi

the little girl I used to nanny for got them too - we discovered they were from her car seat she was very skinny and the seat used to sort of catch on her back occasionally. We put a pad made from fleece behind her and this stopped them.

CoteDAzur Sun 26-Oct-08 06:56:58

I feel better knowing it's so common.

She has a big tummy but is otherwise quite thin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now