Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My baby's in pain- ear infection )-: Advice needed, preferably sooooooooooon

(3 Posts)
pinkmunkee Sat 25-Oct-08 08:40:20

Two weeks my DS (1yo) got an ear infection in his right ear. He had anti biotics but still seemed uncomfortable, so we went back and sure enough he now has an ear infection in BOTH ears. He is also teething so is generally quite uncomfortable and miserable. sad

He has been on his second lot of anti-biotics for 4 days and TBH still doesn't seem much better. He was with my mum yesterday who said he was very chirpy- til I got home then he was miserable again. I know this is perfectly normal, but I am worried that he just thought he was fine yesterday because he was distracted by being with Grandma whom he adores. He woke every 2 hours in the night, and woke quite grumpy and has been fiddling with his ears despite being dosed up on calpol and ibuprofen. This can't be right, can it???

Trouble is I am supposed to be going to London today leaving him with his dad, who is lovely but not exactly an expert IYKWIM. I am also paranoid now that the anti biotics won't work again. Should I be phoning the doctor or giving a few more days?

I am too tired to think straight, please help!

FanjoForTheHellishMammaries Sat 25-Oct-08 08:45:17

i would call the doctor, if the antibiotics were going to help they would have by now. It could be viral though sad

ChipButty Sat 25-Oct-08 08:46:39

Give the antibiotics time to kick in and meanwhile keep dosing him up on calpol and ibuprofen. Hopefully he'll turn a corner soon. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now