Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nit combing is highly addictive, isn't it?

(9 Posts)
dinny Fri 24-Oct-08 17:54:07

DD has just had her first bout of nits - got this comb www.superliving.co.uk/pharmacy/family-health/baby-child-health/head-lice/nitty-gritty-nitfree-nit-co mb.html and it is FAB, am addicted to it, just got one more fecker in it and some eggs

how many times a week is best for tea tree condition and thorough nit combing to clear and prevent the critters?

GylesBandwidth Fri 24-Oct-08 17:55:21

it loses its' appeal after the forty third time. grin

dinny Fri 24-Oct-08 17:59:47

lol

do you have to keep doing it all the time?

UpJacobscreek Fri 24-Oct-08 18:01:51

Yes it soon gets boring when you have 4 dd's all with long hair I am sure I have RSI

grin.

I usually do it on a Sunday night .

GylesBandwidth Fri 24-Oct-08 18:02:45

I used the check their hair every evening, and if no sign of nits, I'd then do the conditioner and combing on a Saturday evening - usually whilst watching Robin Hood or Primeval. grin

If they did have nits, I'd comb every day.

MamaG Fri 24-Oct-08 18:02:50

Yeah its great. After 5 years of combing at LEAST once a week, I thoroughly enjoy it hmm

dinny Fri 24-Oct-08 18:03:55

have I been lucky to escape it for 6 years?

beeper Fri 24-Oct-08 19:11:44

oh the joy grin My son got it from a camping trip and I did not even know he had them until I actually 'saw' a mothership romping around in his head, twas huge!

I used that Hedrin that suffocates them and then spent every afternoon for a week, pulling off the suffocated nit eggs. I had a special white bowl that I dipped the comb in so I could see all the nits and eggs.

JOY

would not want them back though.

Has anyone seen the 'bot fly' video on you tube where they pull the maggots out of this guys back, at first its digusting but then its theraputic.

DraculaNeedsArteries Fri 24-Oct-08 19:14:50

It is therapuetic for the first couple of attacks.

It is recommended to comb every 3-4 days for 2 weeks to break the lifecycle.

Tea tree isn't essential...any cheap conditioner will do. Tea tree is supposed to be a deterrant - so best to save that until you are clear and then use it to try and rpevent the next attack

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now