Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6mth old with a cold

(6 Posts)
plj Fri 24-Oct-08 08:02:46

My 6month has a cold-a full on, coughing, sneezing and green snotty nose. I am on night 5 of having no sleep. I have tried vaporub and nasal drops, but nothing seems to be working. Any advice on what I can try?

The last 2 nights have been the worst, as he has ended up in my bed, which I have never done. He did get some sleep, but I lay awake most of the night, worrying that I would roll on top of him.

Seeline Fri 24-Oct-08 10:08:43

You could try tilting his bed, so that he is not lying flat on his back. You can either put a pillow under the cot mattress, or putting something under the legs of the cot at the head end of the bed. It only needs to be a slight slope or else they end up in a crumpled heap against the bars at the bottom end of the cot!

Craggy Fri 24-Oct-08 10:13:25

Have you tried streaming him? smile

I used to put on the shower and shut the bathroom door and just stay in there for a while, several time per day.

At night hang a wet towel in the room.

As above raise him slightly too.

plj Fri 24-Oct-08 10:13:48

Thanks Seeline. Will give that a try.

plj Fri 24-Oct-08 10:22:23

Thanks Craggy. Will try that too.

beeper Fri 24-Oct-08 19:18:25

if you are Bf ing I would start upping your vit c. I recently escaped this bug by having a carrot, apple and honey melon juice everyday along with 3 portions of orange juice and by eating loads of fresh salad oh and praying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now