Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 years old, what checks are due this year?

(4 Posts)
Lotster Thu 23-Oct-08 19:59:58

Hi there,

my son is 2.2, and I've read about 2 year health checks on here, plus looked in my red book and found an entry page for it.

Docs not contacted me about it - should I have called them myself or is it optional?!

Anything else I may not know I'm supposed to be doing this year please? Since we're past the weigh in sessions at docs I don't seem to meet anyone like HV's to tell me this stuff.

Also, anyone know if I should make changes to his milk this year? He still has 7oz cow's milk at brekkie and bedtime.

thanks in advance...

QueenFee Thu 23-Oct-08 20:02:53

just to say that here they have stopped the 2 yr check and now do a 2.7 instead as their was too many differences in development at 2.

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 23-Oct-08 20:04:05

Hi.
Ds is 2.4 and our HV got in touch and came to the house for his check. Different regions have different policies, but here they send letters out automatically.
It was heoght, weight, naming things in a picture book, building a small tower of bricks and so on. Pretty straightforward, though ds wasn't too keen on this stranger coming in and asking him to perform as our usual hv had just moved on.
Milk sounds fine to me. Ds has about 1/2-3/4 pint a day still and hv said this was fine.

Lotster Thu 23-Oct-08 20:31:41

thankyou ladies, that's helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now