Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

help! nappy rash on hols in Japan and left cream at home...

(9 Posts)
elportodelgato Wed 22-Oct-08 02:52:34

I am posting this on a few threads to see if anyone can help.
We‘re on hols in Japan with our LO (4 months) and she has the worst nappy rash. I have managed to leave the Bepanthen at home so we are using something an American friend has given us called Dispatin (?) or something similar but it is having no effect. Can anyone recommend a brand name of nappy cream which I could find in a chemist in Japan?? Also on a previous occasion I have used Canesten which has worked wonderfully - does anyone know if this is available over the counter in Japan? or something similar?
Thanks so much for any advice - she looks so uncomfortable and I am feeling very "bad mummy" and a long way from home

colacubes Wed 22-Oct-08 07:58:28

Sorry have no clue, hope your lo will be feeling more comfortable soon,

Bump!

ilovespinach Wed 22-Oct-08 11:23:47

if possible, leave her nappy off as much as you can. Are you using baby wipes to clean her? Ds2 had a really bad nappy rash recently and it really started to clear when we stopped using wipes and just went to warm water and corron wool.

Look for any cream with zinc in it...Do they have barnds like Penetan there? Or go to the chemist and ask what they recommend...

Good luck and hope dd is better soon/...

Tis not your fault you are not a bad mummy x

ilovespinach Wed 22-Oct-08 11:25:22

ooopps mean cotton wool

AmIWhatAndWhy Wed 22-Oct-08 11:33:13

Do you use disposables?

There is a brand of nappy called Nepia Doremi , my cousin lives in Tokyo and swears by them. They are infused with something, all natural, that treats nappy rash and kills any yeast that may be causing it.

Sorry not to be of any help, but I have put a link to this thread in the FOOC thread. You could post your question in the "Living Overseas" topic, you might get someone in Japan there.

ProfYaffle Wed 22-Oct-08 11:39:07

Try egg white, I've found that very effective in the past. There are lots of other household products you can use too, I just can't remember any of them at the moment!

Sputnik Wed 22-Oct-08 11:39:09

If you can get hold of an egg then raw egg white is supposed to be great for nappy rash

elportodelgato Thu 23-Oct-08 07:27:10

wow! thank you so much ladies of mumsnet! yesterday I managed to explain what was wrong to a helpful pharmacist who gave me some cream but it`s not doing much yet so I will definitely take up your suggestions if it doesn`t improve in the next day or so. I have some vaseline with me and will try out the Nepia Doremi nappies too - thanks AIWAW for that suggestion

Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now