Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd's head shape??

(3 Posts)
lauraloola Tue 21-Oct-08 20:59:34

Hi, my dd is 4 months old and Im worried about her head shape. As you look at her the right side of her head is slightly larger then the left and it has got worse in the last few weeks. It almost looks like a large lump but is bone.

Dp thinks Im being silly and that all babies heads arent perfect and that it will change when she grows.

Is he right? I am being a bit over cautious? I was thinking of taking her to my gp but I dont want to waste his time.

mamadiva Tue 21-Oct-08 21:06:01

Is it at the back of her head?

My DS had this because of lying on his back all the time (wouldnt do tummy time) its because the bone is still soft it kind of moulds to the shape.

DS's head a kind of flat bit on the right side so looked a bit odd but he's now 2.3YO and it's almost totally unnoticable.

lauraloola Tue 21-Oct-08 21:09:10

No, its the front but mainly to the side. Its not like she always lies on that side as she tosses and turns when she sleeps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now