Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cough

(6 Posts)
barnet1 Mon 20-Oct-08 14:55:03

Hi my lo is 2.5 and has just got over a cold. She has a constant cough which isnt chesty but tickly. It seems to effect her at night mostly. Lasst night we didnt get any sleep she was constantly coughing. I have propped her pillow up and given her Soother homepathic syrup which doesnt seem to work. I have feel so sorry for her as I cant think of anything else I can do to ease it. Can recommend a good cough lintus that works I know a lot of them really dont do anything.

sarahsmummy Mon 20-Oct-08 15:09:21

DD has same problem. I haven't tried it yet, but have been looking for advice today and another thread recommended a humidifier or the plug-in Sudafed thingy - could be worth a try

barnet1 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:42:43

Hi Sarahsmummy the Sudafed plug in sounds like a good idea but I have just read some reviews and they arenot good in fact a lot of mums said they were hard to use ie: putting the vapour tissue into the plug and they didnt work atall.

LIZS Mon 20-Oct-08 16:47:12

Sudafed plug in is really easy to use ! You just tear the vapour pad sachet open and slot in , displacing the previous one. Refill pads aren't especially cheap though. Plug ins are restricted by location near a wall where as freestanding ones like the Boots vaporiser can be located closer to the bed.

boogeek Mon 20-Oct-08 16:49:32

Just a normal humidifier might help - my DD had a persistent cough last winter (3 visits to the doctor before I realised he could do nothing!) - when I checked her room it was 15% humidity (with 30-45% considered comfortable). I bought a humidifier from Argos, don't think it cost very much, and we never heard the cough again from the first night.

barnet1 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:54:44

I cant put a humdifier in lo's room as we have a damp problem in our flat. Its interesting that you mentioned humidity as we have a de-humidifier in our flat because of the damp so it could be that which is causing her cough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now