Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD waking up too early. What can I do to help her?

(7 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 20-Oct-08 08:12:45

DD is 9. She has always been an early waker but only about an hour before everyone else. Recently it's been much earlier - about 4. She's looking so tired and even her teacher has commented on her lack of energy. She goes to sleep by 8 every night - we can't really manage bedtime much earlier than that and she needs some of the evening to relax I think.

I've suggested that she gets up and goes to the toilet, puts another blanket over her, reads for a while, lies and thinks about happy things, all the usual stuff. But nowt helps. Any ideas? Please.

OrmIrian Mon 20-Oct-08 09:52:15

Anyone?

missingtheaction Mon 20-Oct-08 09:54:43

um just checking 'solve your child's sleep problems' give me a minute...

OrmIrian Mon 20-Oct-08 09:57:06

Thankyou smile

missingtheaction Mon 20-Oct-08 09:59:43

suggests a 9 year old needs 10 hours sleep so sleep at 8 would normally mean wake at 6, not 4

is something waking her up? is she waking and worrying about something?

My dcs have both been through phases of cant-get-to-sleep which is different, and in the end i resorted to herbal tablest. the effect was purely psychological but it seemed to help.

missingtheaction Mon 20-Oct-08 10:02:04

there may be something more profound in Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems which was my bible

OrmIrian Mon 20-Oct-08 11:26:37

Thanks missing.

She tells me there isn't anything worrying her, just that she is so tired. I have recently gone back to work full-time and I can no longer pick the DC up from school. DH is doing this now. DH reckons that all the changes are bothering her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now