Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

rash on 8mo ds2 - german measles?

(4 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Sun 19-Oct-08 15:21:04

Ds2 has developed a rash today. He had nothing this morning, but by lunchtime his front and back were covered in red spots (not really raised). His face is a bit flushed, but isn't spotty. Has been of his food for a few days, and has a bit of a cough. Also grizzly for a few days.

Passes the 'glass' test.

Have put a couple of pics on my profile, but they don't really show the rash properly (looks redder and more extensive in real life).

ohdearwhatamess Sun 19-Oct-08 19:17:12

bump

lots of horrible nappies too

Indith Sun 19-Oct-08 19:22:28

Always worth getting a rash checked out I think but I wouldn't worry too much as it is common for little ones to get a rash with a virus. Still, even if it is just a virus it may well be pretty uncomfortable so it is worth seeing your GP tomorrow as he may prescribe piriton or something to ease the itching.

ohdearwhatamess Mon 20-Oct-08 10:32:01

Not german measles after all.

Turns out it is an allergic reaction to penicillin (had been taking amoxcyllin for chest infection).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now