Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

oh crap the first time I have a drink in months and now DD2 is screeching in agony.

(22 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:08:55

Message withdrawn

hatrick Sat 18-Oct-08 22:12:41

Message withdrawn

Uriel Sat 18-Oct-08 22:14:23

Taxi? Calpol to take the edge off?

twentynine Sat 18-Oct-08 22:14:35

Bugger! Calpol?

More wine for you I think.

At least it's not tomorrow morning when you have a hangover (though at least you could go to the out of hours doc then.)

Yorkiegirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:14:45

Message withdrawn

oh gosh!

Have you any calpol? It might ease things for her enough for her to sleep and you can take her somewhere in the morning.

Or, is there someone who can help out?

Hope today wasn't too dreadful for you, don't blame you in the slightest for having a couple of drinks.

Sawyer64 Sat 18-Oct-08 22:15:21

Have you got any decongestants in the house? Sudofed or (dare i say...) Medised? Might relieve the pressure/Pain....?

CarGirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:15:29

Phone the drs explain no you can't come to them. Have you dosed her on max ibuprofen & paracetamol to get you through the night?

sad that you're own thinking about your DH and what should have been.

Yorkiegirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:16:24

Message withdrawn

Olihan Sat 18-Oct-08 22:17:23

Oh poor you, what a night for this to happen.

Have you got ibuprofen and calpol in? Alternating them every 3 hours and a warm compress on the sore ear(s) will help a bit.

OOH docs propbably wouldn't do much that would alleviate it tonight, anyway - if that assuages the guilt a little [sympathetic smile].

Ds2 suffers badly with his ears but he's much younger (21 mo) and I never realise what the cause of the crying and clinginess is until the drum goes and I see the gunk. It's a horrid thing for them to suffer from. Much sympathy for you and her.

TrinityLovesHerVampireRhino Sat 18-Oct-08 22:17:23

Have you tried to get her to pop her ears??
may help with the pain?

I totally second medised
send a taxi to go and get some for you

twentynine Sat 18-Oct-08 22:18:36

Sympathies - you feel so wretched when they are in pain don't you? sad

Just try and get as much sleep as you can. You can as someone else has said call and insist the doctor visit YOU.

CarGirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:18:55

Can you settle her in a pushchair or armchair so she is more upright and therefore in less pain?

Long night on MN perhaps........

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 18-Oct-08 22:19:52

Was going to suggest sending a taxi for calpol and more wine but trinity beat me to it smile

Hope the night gets better for you

Yorkiegirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:25:29

Message withdrawn

Olihan Sat 18-Oct-08 22:28:55

Can you prop her up on a big pile of pillows on your bed when you go up? Ease the pressure a bit? (or prop yourself on pillows and let her sleep on you?)

Yorkiegirl Sat 18-Oct-08 22:32:57

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Sun 19-Oct-08 00:53:25

Message withdrawn

Olihan Sun 19-Oct-08 16:11:30

How is she this morning, Yorkiegirl?

Yorkiegirl Sun 19-Oct-08 16:32:32

Message withdrawn

mumhadenough Sun 19-Oct-08 20:48:06

Yorkiegirl, my son has just had his second set of grommets in, he's 6, so we've been through this many many times too. You have my sympathy.

One thing we found worked really well, through desperation more than anything, was a doze of piriton syrup. I think because it tends to dry up any mucus behind the nose, going into the ears etc and it makes them drowsy too.

Worth a try if you've got any around?

Yorkiegirl Mon 20-Oct-08 07:26:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now