Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Posteria Urethra Valves (symdrome). Advice please.

(6 Posts)
PavlovtheWitchesCat Sat 18-Oct-08 09:56:50

I am writing this on behalf of a friend of mine who has a 5 year old DS with this condition (bladder scarring & incontinence, increased urine production at night time). Her and her DH recently were told that he might not 'grow out' of the night incontinence, although he is dry during the day no problem.

She has found out some information about it over the years but it is limited and she would like some advice/experiences of other parent's who have children with this condition.

Any words of wisdom that you might have, positive experiences that you can share, or support threads you can point her to, websites that she might not have come across that can answer some of her questions/anxieties will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Pavlov smile

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sat 18-Oct-08 10:08:52

Oh dear, some spelling mistakes there.

Posterior Urethral Valve.

There, corrected grin.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 19-Oct-08 09:48:07

bumping for my friend...

percent Sun 19-Oct-08 10:59:30

Hi - My son has this condition he is almost 3. There is a yahoo group I found when my son was diagnosed, it is mainly American, though there are some British posters too.

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PUVs/

Hope the link works, have never done one before They take a very positive appoach on there which helped me, as most internet information is full of doom and gloom.

PavlovtheWitchesCat Sun 19-Oct-08 11:01:40

Percent, thank you for that...I will take a look and pass it over to her too smile

PavlovtheWitchesCat Mon 20-Oct-08 20:46:06

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now