Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can't get DD to take meds

(4 Posts)
squishy Fri 17-Oct-08 09:29:48

DD will be 2 soon, has high temp, sore throat and is complaining of ear pain. She won't take any medication - have tried hiding it in milk, water, persuading, explaining, bribing with buttons. A strong 2 person team can hold her down and squirt half a dose into her mouth, but it's hugely traumatic and she wretches etc plus am on my own for several days now.

After a pretty much sleepless night, have just got her to sleep for a little while

have got Dr appointment soon, but am at wits end -also meant to be doing journey with her tomorrow to see grandparents in France,so want to be able to make her feel better.

Should I ask for suppositories? Is there an alternative like in the US - chewables etc?

TIA!

cikecaka Fri 17-Oct-08 09:37:49

I know calpol do tablets that melt in your mouth. I have always swore by paralink suppositories that you can buy over the counter

squishy Fri 17-Oct-08 09:46:14

OK, thanks will try anything right now, just want her to feel better!!!!

squishy Fri 17-Oct-08 15:25:54

OK, have got paracetamol suppositories which really help but the doctor has given us some antibiotics in liquid form that I just can't get her to take - tried putting with milk but she won't have it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: