Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I take my 15 month old DD to the GP? Or just wait a while?

(5 Posts)
curleyshirley Thu 16-Oct-08 13:14:27

My DD has been a bit off colour all week really, very tired and miserable.  She has been sleeping a lot.  Yesterday and last night she was hot, but never developed into a temperature, she just felt hot (though ear therm did not record a temp).  Today she has also had a bit of diarrhea.  I have also had diarrhea yesterday, but as am 33 weeks pregnant, I put it down to that.  My DD has never really been ill (touch wood) and never had a temperature, so I dont know if taking her to the doctor would be an overeaction?  Should I do so?  Or is this just a typical bug that will pass - and especially as she doesnt have a temp I shouldnt worry too much for now?  Any advice please?  Thanks!

wasabipeanut Thu 16-Oct-08 13:16:38

I would take her to be on the safe side. My 13 mo ds was like this last week and I just thought oh its a cold and teething.

It was an ear and chest infection and I felt awful for making him suffer with it for 2 days. sad

curleyshirley Thu 16-Oct-08 13:21:35

Oh that would make me feel terrible if it was something like that! Yes, exactly, until the diarrhea I had figured it was just teething, but I think you're right, probably worth going to GP even/hopefully just for reassurance.

wasabipeanut Thu 16-Oct-08 13:28:56

Good luck smile

curleyshirley Thu 16-Oct-08 13:38:48

Thank you! Have an appt now for 3.30pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now